Monday, March 31, 2008

What a WONDERFUL Weekend!

I took this WHOLE weekend to myself to just be creative and have fun! I even started my weekend early - on Friday with a shopping trip and an evening of quilting with my friend Rooster. I really miss hanging out with her, she used to be my neighbor. So, we ordered in pizza from my favorite place (Streets of New York) quilted and gabbed until after midnight. The pizza and the gabbing kept us from finishing the quilt but we got a great start on it!



Saturday I made another trip to Joann’s for thread I forgot to get on Friday, and while I was there I got even more fun fabric. When I am in the sewing mode fabric is like paper to me. I just can’t get enough! I just love mixing and matching colors and textures. When I got home I sat down at my sewing machine and my cutting table and just played. It was so fun! I made myself a couple of shopping bags, and I think they are really pretty. As usual I started altering the pattern and adding new things to it and making it my own. No more ugly and ecologically unfriendly shopping bags for me!


Sunday was another fun and creatively rewarding day for me. It started off with yet another shopping trip to Joann’s. I met Bryanna and the baby up there (both of us armed with our new and fashionable shopping bags) to get fabric for an apron she wants me to make for her Mother-in-law. While we were there we got more fabric for a couple more bags for Bryanna (we do a lot of shopping). We got several comments from the clerks on our bags. Afterward us girls went out for lunch. Vittoria is so cute - she can sit up alone in the highchair and even ate a little mashed taters and tried some chicken off of our plates. They sure do grow up fast! Did I mention that she has 2 teeth now?
Once I got home I cleaned up - okay not cleaned up, but shoved to the side my sewing stuff and got started on my “I Saw God” book. I even got it finished! It is very simple but I am very pleased with it. It is now sitting on my bookcase in my studio where I can see it. The way I put it together I can actually open it to a single page and stand it up so that I can be reminded of the way I saw God on that particular day. If you would like to see the whole book and all of it’s pages click here.



Well, like I said I had a wonderful weekend and totally enjoyed getting to just play and create. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!
M


Quote of the Day:
The creative mind plays with the objects it loves........C.G. Jung

No comments: