Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Good Friday!!!

Can you believe Easter is almost here? It seems like just yesterday it was Christmas! Do you all have BIG plans for the weekend? We will be celebrating here at our new home with all of the family. There should be about 30+ of us here on Sunday. I am taking the easy way out this year and having everyone bring a dish. I am cooking a ham and Gary is smoking a turkey and we are providing drinks. Oh and how could I forget, Lizzy is making her famous cupcakes! Bryanna is heading up the Easter Egg Hunt for the kids AND the adults! It is always fun to watch the kids run around hunting the eggs. It should be fun to see how well the adults do after the kids have hidden the eggs for us! Bryanna has a few of the adult eggs filled with lotto tickets! It should be a fun and relaxing day.

After being sick this week I decided to give myself a treat. I had a 50% off coupon for Michael’s and I went up there and bought myself a tote. I am really not a tote type of gal but since I have been teaching classes again I struggle to get all of my kits and supplies to the store. I usually end up making a couple of trips to the car do get all of my generic tubs. This tote that I bought for myself is so “Me” too. You know it has my favorite colors and pattern, so how could I pass it up? That’s right. . .I couldn’t! So now I will show up in style to my next class and I can keep it packed up with all of my doubles that I take to class too. I just love a good organizational tool and to have it be pretty too is such a nice bonus!



The past couple of days while I was sick I had plenty of time to think of stuff I’d like to do since I really couldn’t do anything. One of the things I decided I wanted to do was to reinvent my calla lily bed that I had and loved for 17 years at my old house.



It is the one thing I truly miss about our old home. There is a planting area in our new back yard that faces the same direction as my old calla bed faced and it has some small bushes that will someday become a hedge. I am not wow’d by these bushes, but I don’t hate them either. But as I laid in my bed this week I thought how wonderful it would be to have it full of calla lilies. What joy that would bring me!


Friday’s I Saw God Photo


I called our landscaper Gary, (who is just a doll) and I asked him if this was possible to do and how much it would cost? He said it was possible and that he would just “do it” for me! I could not believe it!!! It was like a gift from heaven for me. Although I cannot accept such a gift, and will pay him, I am just thrilled knowing it will happen. So next Friday his crew will be showing up to dig up the landscaping he just did not even a year ago and giving me back my calla bed - a place to reflect on old memories and to make new ones. So Gary and my calla lilies, standing in front of what will soon be my new calla lily bed is my “I saw God” moment for today. I am certain that there will be lots more photos of this as it comes into reality for me.


I hope you all have a blessed weekend and enjoy your time with family and friends and get to see God at this special time.
M


Quote of the Day:
Creativity is essentially a lonely art. An even lonelier struggle. To some a blessing. To others a curse. It is in reality the ability to reach inside yourself and drag forth from your very soul an idea. --Lou Dorfsman

No comments: