Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where did the time go???


Can you believe it is already Thursday? I haven’t been here since Saturday - shame on me! But like they say. . . Life Happens!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday. It was a beautiful day here - lots of sun, family, kids and food! It was such a fun day that I almost didn’t pick up my camera. But I finally remembered and got some pictures. Not very good ones, but I got them. We had about 13 kids here - thank God for a big backyard, we needed the space for the Easter Egg Hunt, egg toss and relay races. Bryanna went all out for the egg hunt - she must have filled 100+ eggs! As usual the grown-ups all sat around visiting and eating while the kids played. I didn’t sit much but I did manage to eat and visit. It was the first day I really ate since being sick. It felt good to have a full tummy.



Monday was a catch-up day for me. You know, getting things straightened up and errands ran (I missed a lot of this last week being sick). It was so sunny and wonderful out all day I just loved running around.

Tuesday was also a fun day for me. I made my first quilt top Tuesday. I am just thrilled with it too! A few months ago I found some monkey fabric and I bought some thinking I could make something for the baby (for those of you that don’t know it, I call the baby Monkey and I collect monkey’s for her). So, Monday while I was out I bought some more fabric so I could turn the monkey fabric into a quilt and I got out the graph paper and designed what I wanted it to look like. I put Vittoria in her little play chair on Tuesday and had her “help” while I cut out all of the pieces and started sewing the blocks, really all she did was laugh and play with the scrap pieces. But I wanted her to be a part of the whole thing. I am going to my friend Rooster’s house tomorrow and she is going to teach me how to actually quilt it. I hope Monkey will enjoy her quilt for many years.


Today I spent with my sewing machine (and Monkey) again. Bryanna is trying to go “green” as much as possible and wanted some shopping bags. I got just one done for her today but maybe this weekend I will get another one done. It has been a long time since I have sewn, I used to do it all the time. But lately it seems I have been sewing a lot. I have been making lots of cute little retro aprons, now the quilt and the bag and I have several sun hats sitting here waiting to be made for the baby.


Well that just about catches you up on what’s going on in my world. I hope life is treating you all well and that you are doing something that brings you joy and creates some memories!
Talk to you soon,
M


Quote of the Day:
Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work. --Rita Mae Brown

No comments: