Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Whew. . . Busy and fun days kept me away!

Wow!!!! It has been over a week since I have sat down to write. I have been a busy girl - but I have been having lots of fun!!!!

I even got to take another one of Kathie's classes! But I must say that this book KICKED MY BUTT!!!!!! I don't know why it was so hard for me to do? It looked like a simple soft cover book with beads. But that long stitch and the beads together was challenging for me. I am blaming it all on low blood sugar and hunger - not on my abilities! LOL But I finally got it finished. Kathie sent me home with a big sheet of the Lotka paper for the cover to practice with and now I just have to get the signature papers, then I will try it again. I got to play with the Glimmer Mists on the cover - and that was really fun. I had never used them. Have you? I think the colors I used made it almost look like leather.



Thursday I took Monkey for a nice long walk and we ended up at the pool. She has never been to a pool and she loved it! We were not prepared for getting in the water so we just dipped our feet in. It was pretty hot outside but that water was still cold!

Then she discovered the dancing fountains and she was mesmorized by them! We must have sat and watched them for 30 mins. I couldn't get her to take her eyes off of them and look at me so that I could get a picture of her face.
This weekend I got an idea,. . .actually I was inspired by someone elses idea. Thank you Toni! And of course I couldn't rest until I got it down on paper! This is what that idea turned into. . .
It is a super fun flip book all about "My tyle". I took the photos especially for the book, that was a fun little project as well! It is a fun size and holds full 8x10 photos as well as some smaller wallet sized photos. When you completely open it all up it is a whopping 34" wide! If you want to see all of the photos just click on the photo below and it will take you to my gallery and all of the pictures.
I am teaching my "Facts of Life" book at The Creative Quest this Saturday. It should be a fun class - I just love this little chipboard book. I love quotes and this one is full of really cute ones! Maybe I will see some of you there?

Well, time is getting away from me so I should get busy. Talk to you soon!

M

Quote of the Day
Creativity is the joy of not knowing it all.

--Ernie J. Zelinski


No comments: