Sunday, May 4, 2008

Don't Blink!!!

Seems like just "Yesterday" that my Bryanna was this little! Now my little girl has a little girl of her own! But I have had 25 years to get used to the fact that Bryanna is not a baby anymore. But today I had to face the fact that my little granddaughter is no longer a baby too! She is turning into a little girl way too fast! How on earth did this happen!?!

This past week I realized that I have so few pictures of Bryanna and Monkey together. I have a TON of Monkey all by herself, but very few of them together. So I asked Bryanna if she would give me Sunday to take photos of them together. I told her I did not want posed "studio" types of shots, but ones of them interacting. Try as we would, we could not think of anything fun to do that I could drag my camera along for. So we were just gonna do our typical "hang out at the mall" thing and "lunch thing".

When I woke up this morning I just knew I did not want to hang out at the mall! So I called her up at 7am and told her we were heading up to Prescott! It is still nice and cool up there and it would be a beautiful day. I got dressed and got the car ready and headed over to pick them up. I stopped at the QT on the way and ended up locking my keys in the trunk of my LOCKED car! Of course my cell phone was INSIDE my LOCKED car and so I couldn't call home for an extra set of keys. I finally found enough change to use the BROKEN pay phone!!!! Luckily, the QT clerk was nice enough to let me use thier phone. About 30 min later my Mom showed up with the extra set of keys and I was on my way again.

We loaded Monkey and all of her gear up in the car and headed up the Bradshaw Mountains to one of my favorite towns in AZ. Once there we wondered the shops on Whiskey Row. Made a couple of little purchases and then stumbled into a hat shop. Bryanna and I both walked out the door with a big brimmed "Hotel Del" worthy hat for our upcoming trip to San Diego. Momkey is growing tired of hats and so we didn't get her one. Although I found the cutest monkey hat in there that I would have loved to have bought her, if only she would keep it on her head.



After the hat shop it was time for a picnic in the old Courthouse Square. Okay, so it really wasn't a picnic, but we did feed Monkey her lunch. Then it was just time to play. I stayed out of most of it and just let them do "their thing". I am so glad I did. Bryanna is just adorable with her, and Monkey just loves her Mommy!



After the park we went out to lunch to feed the "Big Girls", and then it was time to head back down the mountain for home. Of course I couldn't just drop them off and leave. I had to go in for an hour or so to play some more. It is so fun to see her in her own house, with her own stuff. She crawled over the place, following Bryanna and I from one place to another. We all ended up in her room and she played and laughed and made us laugh too. But, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to our little baby girl? Now she can just go where ever she wants to and stands up to get the things she wants down off the shelves. Watching her in that room just made me think that at any moment she is just going to take off and walk!


It is amazing how fast they grow and change. It makes me think of that Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink". It just so true!!!!
I really hope you all had the best day ever today like I did!

And remember. . .

DON"T BLINK!!!!!!

Marta

No comments: