Monday, May 12, 2008

Just Cheecking in. . .


How is everyone doing? Did all of you Mothers have a great Mother's Day yesterday? Mine was quiet for the most part. I was just so tired on Saturday night that I told Bryanna that I was just going to sit in my night gown all day Sunday! And guess what? That is exactly what I did! I felt really bad for not being with her on her 1st Mother’s Day but I woke up with a headache. I decided that a little therapeutic sewing would help. It didn't, and I ended up with a full blown Migraine! I did manage to get an apron done that Bryanna had requested. By 7:00 I had taken a bubble bath and was snuggled up on the couch watching my favorite "tear-jerker" show, Extreme Home Makeover. I did manage to keep my eyes open until the end, but that's about it. I woke up this morning still snuggled up on the couch!

Today was a much better day! I had the good ol' migraine hangover for a few hours, but felt like "me" by noon. Since the sewing machine and all of it's paraphernalia was still out (and strewn about my studio) I decided to do a little more sewing. I have been wanting to make Monkey and I a tote bag/diaper bag for our outings together. Of course it had to be a "monkey bag". I had all of the stuff purchased, just hadn't had the time to get it done. And now that we have been going to the pool, we really needed a tote.


(My Lizzy and My Monkey at the pool Thursday)




It is real similar to the shopping bags I have been making, except for the size and some of the little details. It has lots of pockets inside and out. I got it all done this afternoon and was just so pleased with it! I even made a matching lunch bag to keep in it. We are going to look quite “bright” when we go out monkeying around together! I just love making things for my little Monkey! (did you notice that her bag matches her quilt I made her?)


(My New Monkey Tote & Lunch Bag)


Well, that is about all my news for today. I hope you all are starting off your week well and feeling rested after your weekend. Make it a goal to create some special this week . . .

a craft. . .

a photograph. . .

a yummy dessert. . .

a memory. . .


Quote of the Day:
Passion is the freedom of creativity without the burden of logic.
--Debbie Gisonni

No comments: