Thursday, April 18, 2013

Just a little Peace in a Chaotic World

In the midst of all the chaos that has been going on in the world this week, I thought I'd share a little story of Peace with you all tonight.

The other day my husband was cleaning up the yard, trimming bushes etc after work. Finally it got too dark for him to finish so he had to leave some branches etc on the lawn. The next morning I went outside and found a Spanish dove snuggled down in my grass holding an olive branch that Gary had left behind. I just just stood there and looked at her for several minutes and she seemed very content to let me be so close.

As I stood there I thought to myself - how wonderful this is. I felt like God had sent this little dove to me as a reminder of His peace. In fact I  have named her "Peace" I wish I could have gotten a picture of my little dove but sadly my big dog came running out and scared her away.

Although my little dove was easily scared off by my big pit/ridgeback dog when she came barking and running into the yard. God's peace is not so easily scared away. In fact His peace will scare off the Big Scary" things in your life!

It has been a couple of days since Peace came to visit, but I can't get her off of my mind - so I figured I would share her with you.
I did not take this picture - I found it online. But this is what my little dove looked like

May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
The Lord be with all of you.
(2 Thes 3:16)
 
Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend
Till we meet again. . .

No comments: