Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Room That God Built. . .

this is what I am calling my new & improved studio. It truly is the room that God built. As I said before in another post I have been praying to find furniture on the side of the road - and I DID! I have been praying that I could do the work that needs to be done and so far I HAVE! I have prayed about every little detail that has gone into making a new space that I can both create in and be  healthy in.
Being a Christian my whole life, it should not surprise me, but yet it still does when God gives you the most simple of desires. You know those little things that are not "important" in the grand scheme of things, but just those things, or moments that make life easier, more joyful. And in this world of disease, and hunger and war, to think that He has taken the time to grant me these little wants, amazes and humbles me. Because of this I wanted to do something that would always make me remember what a blessing this room is and how my God cares enough about me to answer my prayers. So I made this canvas last night. It hangs just inside the door. You can not miss it when you walk in.

I wish I could have gotten a better photo so you could really see all of the depth of color and texture in this piece. (If you click on the photo you can see it better and see more of the color and texture.)

I matted the main image onto some torn up and roughly painted cardboard to give the piece more depth and texture. The image is an old abandoned winery in Italy - wasn't Christ's 1st miracle to turn water into wine? Maybe this room is my miracle?

 Just the title here and some f the details

 I used another scripture on this piece that has been on the tip of my tongue for a couple of weeks now. . .Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

 I added this little image of  Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam Fresco from the Sistine Chapel. I thought it more than appropriate and just the right finishing touch to the canvas.
So this is my newest addition to the studio.

Just another thought before I close:
During the past 19 months while my studio has been such an issue and my health has been such a burden, I kept asking "what lesson am I supposed to learn?". But honestly I never sat still or was quiet long enough to get an answer to my question. Maybe this is the lesson. . . to have more faith, to put God FIRST in everything (even the small stuff), and to learn to pray and be aware and grateful for the answers?

Till we meet again. . .

No comments: