Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Reveal

Well the HARD work is over - now it's time to do the FUN stuff! You know, all of the decorating, the finishing touches and the things that make it personal. But until all of that is done I thought I'd give you a look at how it is all coming together.

So this is the view as you enter the room.
(finishing touch needed: new window treatments)

 Once you come around the corner as you enter the room
(finishing touch needed: artwork on the wall)

This is my work table
(finishing touch needed: more artwork)


This is the view from my work table - thankfully the table is set where I don't have to look at myself in the mirrored closet doors! I didn't take photos of the inside of the closet - nothing but plastic bins in there. (finishing touch needed: artwork over the closet doors)

My "bookshelves" I was able to cut back on alot of the metal baskets and glass jars in the new studio. (finishing touch needed: paint all of the metal baskets - the white is too stark)

Here's the hope chest all finished. It holds all of my art journal and canvas art supplies. The boxes underneath are full of my cricut cartridges.


This is the little cabinet I painted - love my cricut sitting on top. Inside are more cricut things. (finishing touch needed: hardware still needs to be attached - waiting on hubby)


This shelf was already in the room - it now holds my wood mount stamps that are not part of sets.

Another view of my work table as well as my large punch storage - I love them on these rods!

My handmade books on top of the entertainment center. The doors opened to show some of my paper racks.

Great storage in the drawers in my entertainment center. I have been saving these tea tins for "something" for about 18 months. There are 15 of them in this drawer - perfect fit and great organization!
 the boxes in this drawer are left overs from a class last year - almost as perfect as the tea tins. But the best part was spending NO money!

Cool new "vintage" baskets from The Occasional Artist. I love them! Perfect for holding books and magazines as well as my journals & sketch books.

Now that the room is all put together I decided it was time to try it out. So tonight I am working on another canvas - some much needed artwork for the walls of my new studio!

It is in a drying phase right now so  I decided to pop on and share my room with you all.
It's dry now so I gotta run - I will be back soon to show you the finished project.

Till we meet again. . . .

No comments: