Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just Another Day. . .

Hello friends! I hope you all had a great day today - I did. I spent my day with my best friend & husband, Gary, my Daughters and my granddaughter! Gary has this whole week off (for recovery and goofing off) and Liz didn't have to go to work until 3pm today. And of course Monkey is always here during the day. Gary has really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with her this week. Today they took a feild trip to Safeway to buy milk. They came back about an hour later - without the milk! But they had fun - that's all that matters. While they were out together I got a quick education on the "fine" tv show "The Girls Next Door" by my youngest daughter, who I fould out has the whole season on DVD. Although I really can't say I enjoyed the show, I loved hanging out with Lizzy in her room for an hour or so.




In case you are wondering, this is what my sweet little monkey looks like after spending the day with her grampa. . . .




That would be his hat on her head and chocolate ice cream all over her face and belly. Not what she typically looks like when it is just us girls at home, but I have to say I think she is stinkin' adorable all disheaveled! Boy does she love him!!!! It just thrills me to watch the two of them together!




I had to take her to meet her Mommy at the Drs office today so she did get all cleaned up finally. As we were walking back to do "bubbles" I grabbed my camera - just had a feeling she would do something cute today. I was RIGHT! I was so happy I followed my instincts on this one. She has the most expressive face and lately has come up with several new faces. Each one means something different and today in the tub she was willing to share just about all of them. You gotta click on this photo to see it bigger. MAN, is she CUTE!!!!!!


I really wish I had followed my instincts after her bath and had taken my camera to the Drs. I actually faught my conscience over this, and finally decided it was not neccessary. Boy was I wrong!!!! Another lesson learned - Always listen to that inner voice!


Poor baby girl got FOUR shots at the Dr today. She was really hurting after them today so Mommy & I took her to Walgreens across the street afterward t get a "prize". We were there about 45 mins letting her pick her toy. Even though she was hurting and kinda sad it was a good time. It allowed me some time with my oldest daughter. And that is always a good thing in my book. I love seeing my girls all grown up and I am so proud of them. But I must say I sorta miss having them with me everyday - waking up with them there and going to bed, knowing they are safe under the same roof as me.




On a different subject - here is the latest book I created. I have a lot of ideas running around in my head right now. Most of them are things I have never tried before so I am just using up some of my stash to experiment with. I have always loved this paper line by Daisy-D. If you click on it you can see the inside of the book.
I didn't take this photo today, but I did take it this week and just delivered the CD to the proud parents. Our friends and neighbors just had their first baby 2 weeks ago - isn't she beautiful! I took photos of her Mom during her pregnancy on the same day of each month in the same outfit. The funny thing is this little angel came on what should have been our last photo day of her pregnancy! Unfortunately I was not able to get a photo that day.

This weekend I will be doing a photo shoot with my neice that is due in a little over a month. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that the weather holds up for us. It is supposed to be cold and rainy this weekend.

Well, that is all of my ramblings for tonight. Make it a good one tomorrow! And keep your camera handy - you just never know. . .

No comments: