Friday, June 14, 2013

No Sense Crying Over Spilt Butter and Pepsi!

Okay, so these are NOT the typical pictures I share with you on my blog but. . .
I just had to share with you what I woke up to this morning.
 
 Typically in this spot is a relatively clean concrete garage floor and a refrigerator that holds all of the cold drinks and back-up items. But this morning I woke up to my Mother telling me that the garage fridge had been left open all night! I wasn't too worried since like I said - it mostly just holds drinks. So I go out to check on things and I see all of this "liquid" on the ground around the fridge and figured it was just water. I grabbed some towels and went back out to clean up the mess and found that the "liquid" was actually melted butter!!!!! FIVE POUNDS of melted butter!!!!! That's right 5lbs! My Mother had done a bit of Costco shopping and stocked up. So it had melted over night and ran all over the inside and out the open door onto the concrete floor. GROSS!
So now I have to move the fridge and all of the shelving around the fridge so I can clean up all of the butter that ran under the refrigerator. Mom had also purchased canned soda when it was on sale and had stacked it next to the fridge, as I went to move one of the 12packs it decided to explode inside the box and run all over the garage floor and me! Mind you it is now about 11:30 (I didn't start right away because I thought it was just water) and about 105 degrees outside and hotter than that in the garage.
I had no idea how to clean up this mess so I found this little 1" scouring brush and some baking soda and went to town. Nope that didn't work so I tried bleach - nope that is not the solution either. Finally after a couple of hours I just mopped it up and called it good. Sadly after all of that work the concrete is completely stained, the fridge is not cooling anymore and I think I lost about 5lbs from sweating!But on the up side, my garage is cleaner than it was when I woke up and I got a couple of hours to just listen to my music and got to say hi to my neighbors as they passed by. Gary stopped by to pick up his golf clubs and when he saw the mess he expected me to be cranky (I hate messes and dirty stuff) but he was pleasantly surprised that I was not. I just kept thinking of these two Bible verses as I cleaned up this mess. I even quoted them to him -
Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice! Philippians 4:4
and
Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not for people.
Colossians 3:23
 
He just laughed and said "whatever gets you through this Babe". It is amazing to me how you can CHOOSE to have joy even while doing something you don't enjoy doing. Not too long ago this would have ruined the rest of my day. But today it was just something that happened and needed to be taken care of. So today I share with you my spilt butter and spilt Pepsi and my choice to find joy in the middle of the mess.
I hope your day was full of JOY but without the mess!
till we meet again. . .

1 comment:

Wendy Taylor said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great lesson - I will try to remember it when I get in a pinch ;-)