Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I've Been at it Again!

That's right, I have been busy in my studio again the past few days.
So here is my latest creation
"The Way"
 
 

Do you remember a few days back I showed you this picture of the overpass at the 101 & Shea Blvd? I told you I always get stopped at this light on my way to my friend's house.
Remember I told you that it always inspires me and that eventually I would make some art of it?
Well, I did it!

I like to name my art and I like to build in as much symbolism as I possibly can. I also like to use my time in my studio as a time to pray and listen to God.
 
This one is called "The Way" for the obvious reason but as I worked on this piece and I was praying about it God brought to mind the scripture John 14:6
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life"
As I pondered this verse and worked on it some more, it became obvious to me that this was the purpose and meaning of this piece. After all what better friend is there than Jesus!
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends"
John 15:14


So you will see there is compass, a cross and a big gear, all of them painted black and red at some area. This symbolizes the darkness our lives are without Him and His blood that changes all of that!
There are a ton of arrows on this piece as well as a reminder of the "way"

The large nuts on this piece are even covered with the above scriptures and others
 
I knew this was going to be a heavy piece, structurally, so it is not on a canvas. It is actually on a pine "canvas" that I built. Well, I didn't build it all by myself. . . I got frustrated when my cordless drill ran out o juice and I couldn't get the spent battery out to put a new one in it. This made me drive to my friend Rooster's house, where her dear hubby John helped me out - Thanks John - you are my hero!
 
So this is what I have been up to - tomorrow I am actually heading back over to my friend Deborah's house and I will probably get stopped at this light again!
 
Enjoy the rest of your week
till we meet again. . .


1 comment:

voodoo vixen said...

That is fabulous, love everything about it.