Saturday, March 2, 2013

Ahead of the Game for Once!

I am actually announcing my April classes in the 2nd day of March - can you believe it!
Lately it seems I am running behind in getting my samples done and into the store, I decided this week I would be ahead of the game for once! So let me share with you what is coming up at The Occasional Artist. . .
 
This is April's "Mixed Media with Marta Friday" class. Easter comes early this year but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate Spring. So I made this vintage inspired, shabby wooden wall hanging. Actually it could be hung on your front door in place of a wreath, on a door knob (mine is on the pantry door - no one is sneaking a snack without me knowing it!) or even in a window (it is 2-sided).
I love the black with the soft colors and floral papers and the crinkled seam binding. I hope you will join us for this project.

 
Two weeks ago I shared with you my newest collection of old books - here is the first of many projects to be made with those books.
This is a Little Golden Book that has been turned into a journal. Who doesn't love a Little Golden Book? And who can't use another journal, planner or sketch book? I have have several titles for you to choose from to make it personal to you.
 You will also get several choices on charms, embellishments, tabs and ribbons to match your chosen book.
 
I have added a new spine and a binder mechanism to the book so you can change out and add new papers to your journal as often as you like. And we will be using the illustrations in the original book to build the pages and dividers.
 There are 4 dividers in the book that are made out of covered chipboard so they are nice and sturdy, and each divide has some sort of tab on the edge. And just for an extra touch, each divided section starts off with a vellum overlay.
 
You will also have a choice of different pockets and envelopes to add to your journal.
 Above you can see some of the pockets and envelopes - that I have included. Each one is adorned with illustrations from the story book.
 
You will also have a choice of papers to add to your journal. There is a "BINGO" card that is a postcard on the opposite side, some Sketch Paper, Smooth Bristol, Lined Paper, and even some Ledger Paper.
You will also receive via email the digital files for both a 2013 and 2014 monthly planner calendar that you can print out on whatever paper you decide. You will also get the digital file for the address book pages that you can print out as many as you want.
The varied assortment of papers, pockets and embellishments will really allow you to design this journal to meet your own needs.  
I hope you will be able to join me for this project - I know it is going to be a FUN class!
 
Now it is time to clean up my studio  - as you can imagine it is a mess in here!
Have a great weekend!
 
Till we meet again. . .

No comments: