Sunday, February 24, 2013

March Classes

Can you believe that February is almost over??? That means it time to show you the new classes that I will be teaching in March at The Occasional Artist.  Both samples will be in the store this week if you want to see them up close. But you can sign up by just calling if that is easier for you.
 
First off is the newest edition of
Mixed Media with Marta Fridays
This month we will be decorating Easter Eggs. No stinky vinegar with these, and you don't have to eat them (or throw them away like I do). But you will still get messy hands while you make them!
Friday - March 15th from 12-3pm - $30
You will get everything you need to make a dozen of these beautiful eggs, although we will not have time to make all 12 in class. Class is from noon until 3pm but I have the studio until 4:30 if any of you want to stay a little later to work on your eggs.
 
Wouldn't these make beautiful place card holders for Easter Dinner or even buffet labels! You will also have the option to make yours hang for your Easter Egg Tree if you want.  
 Please Bring The Following: Fluid Matte Medium- 1/2" Paint Brush - StazOn Black Pad - Vintage Photo Pad - Empty Styrofoam Egg Carton - Detail Scissors
If you have any good Easter stamps you want to use bring those with you too!


Next is my
Mixed Media Prayer Block
I really love this project and hope you will be joining us for this class! I originally made one of these for myself, but it got so many comments I decided to teach it as a class.
Saturday - March 30th from 10-5 - $90
This is how I keep track of the things I want to pray about and the people that I have promised to pray for. With the bronze clip, it makes it easy to just clip up a piece of note paper with my list. As I walk past the Prayer Block during the day I am reminded of those prayers that need to be said.
This class is going to give you plenty of opportunities to be creative. You will have lots of choices on papers and embellishments so that this will truly be your own creation. 
 
There is a lot of FUN stuff on this project - Let's take a look. . .  
#1 - Inspirational metal tags from Tim Holtz and really cool wire pieces made by my friend Deborah and me.
#2 - A Tim Holtz enamel plaque that you will age and crackle.
#3 - A metal cross that you will again alter and make your own as well as a bezel with the word "seek" inside.
#4 - A little bottle of mustard seeds with a tiny bronze heart  locket hanging from the bottle's cork.
#5 - 1Thessalonians 5:16-17 is my inspiration verse for this piece.
#6 - This is a vintage door key hanging from another of those wire pieces. Behind the key is a group of scriptures about prayer. You will get to metal stamp the key.
#7 - Actual vintage Scrabble letters!
This is an all day class and you will stay busy all day long!

Please Bring the Following: Matte Medium - Several Paint brushes - Ultimate Glue - Glossy Accents - Black Soot & Vintage Photo distress Pads and Stains - Screwdrivers (eyeglass & standard phillips) - Sandpaper - Personal Trimmer

Well that's it for classes right now - although I have something really cool in the works for April 27th! The sample is almost finished - stay tuned for pictures!

Have a GREAT weekend - I will be hanging out with family all day tomorrow!
till we meet again. . .

No comments: