Thursday, January 24, 2013

Three Special Ladies

 Actually this is the story of Four Special Ladies (but I only have pictures of 3 of them) that I have gotten to spend the last 2 days with!
 
Yesterday I had a "play date" with my dear friend Deborah. She makes the most BEAUTIFUL jewelry! We live about an hour away from each other and don't often get to just hang out or a whole day. Yesterday was an exception. We actually spent over 12 hours together!
She was a dear and taught me some wire wrapping techniques and we worked on making some great wire pieces we will be using in one of my upcoming classes. She is a typical southern lady, gracious and generous and just so kind and sweet. She never got impatient as I made one mistake after another with my wires and just encouraged me to keep going. Which I did and together we got them all done.
 These pictures are of my awkward hands trying to get my wires started. (I took pictures of each step so I could remind myself how to do this when I got home)  I was supposed to leave there around 3:30 so I could get to Monkey's cheer performance, but with no visible clock I missed my window of opportunity to get there on time. So I was a BAD Amma and missed it! So Debra and I ended up going out to dinner that night and visiting until midnight! It was such a great day to just spend time with a friend, doing something we both love and chatting about all of those things that only girlfriends can chat about.
 
I felt really guilty the whole way home about missing my little Monkey's performance and tried to think of a way to make it up to her. This morning as I was leaving Bible study I decided to surprise her at her school. School was just letting out so I was waiting outside the door with her Mom & her Sister when she came out. She was happy to see me and gave me a big hug. Her and I walked to the car together and I told her I was sorry I missed her cheer, she gave me a big hug around my legs and said "that's okay Amma, where were you?" I told her I was at a friend's house and just lost track of time. She is soooo sweet, this is what she said to me "oh Amma it is good that you have friends to play with" then she told me about the playdates she had had this week.
Thankfully her Mom had taken some pictures, so here is my sweet little Monkey right before her performance yesterday. (If you click on the photo there is a quick video my Lizzy took of the performance)
 
Once we got to the car we had decided to go run some errands together. We stopped and got some lunch and my little Bug had to sit next to me today. As we were eating  she just reached over and started hugging my arm and kissing me.
Thankfully her Mom had her phone out and she snapped this picture of us. I am just so very lucky! Yesterday was spent with a very special lady, my Friend Deborah, and today was spent with three VERY special ladies, my Daughter, my Monkey and my Bug! Life doesn't get much better than this!!!!
I hope your day has been spent with someone special and that you took the time to realize what a gift that truly is!
Till we meet again. . .

No comments: