Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rain = Rust! UPDATED On Sunday

Hey gals, for those of you that live in Sunny Phoenix you know it is NOT sunny out today! It has been raining non-stop since last night! Although I hate rainy days it is the PERFECT time to rust stuff! I have all kinds of stuff sitting out there right now. And they are turning the most beautiful colors! I can't share any pictures with you because it's raining and I am not going out there with my camera. You will just have to take my word on it. So if you have some metals that you have been wanting to age and distress get them out there!
Meanwhile I am warm and dry, sitting on the couch in my very quiet home doing my Bible study and recovering from a quick stomach bug. I hope you are all finding something to do on this rainy weekend.
Till we meet again. . . .


UPDATED: So here is my "pretty" rust from yesterday's rain. I just love how they all turned out so differently.
 
This is the hardware for my new shelves in my studio. The long "L" shaped things are some sort of industrial support thingies. I decided they would be great shelf brackets. I also bought some really big bolts to attach them with but decided the look of some layered washers would be really cool too. They were really shinny when I bought them (only $15 for all of my hardware!) and that of course would not do so I put them in my favorite sea salt/cider vinegar solution and that made them look so much better. But with the rain yesterday I decided to try for some real rust. And I got it!!!!
 
 
 I will also be adding some "Jesus Nails" (that's what I call them, but I guess they are called cut nails or something) The nails will hold artwork that I want to hang from the shelves.
 
Now if I can just get the weather and the hubby to cooporate I can get my shelf done and hung in my studio.
 
I hope you are enjoying your Sunday
Till we meet again. . .

No comments: