Sunday, May 27, 2012

New Class Sample

Hey friends, I thought I'd share my newest class sample with you all today. It is a fun journal with a twist on the "sewing over tapes" binding. I am calling it the "Shabby Journal". This class will be taught at The Occasional Artist on Saturday, July 14th at 1pm.

 Lots of buttons and pearls on this one - in fact there are 45 pearls sewn into the binding it's self!
 The inside has great bristol paper pages. These are perfect for sketching/drawing or writing. Heck, you could even fill it up with photos if you like! These pages are nice and sturdy. And it lays so nice and flat for you while you work in it.
 Each signature is double wrapped in 2 different Prima papers - so pretty!

The edges of the pages are all torn and "burned" - no ink here - they are burned (without fire - that would be dangerous in a classroom setting). I hope you will consider treating yourself to a day out the summer heat to come join us.

Speaking of "summer heat". . . .those of you that live in the Phoenix area, could you believe the weather today???? It is Memorial Day weekend - time to be hot & sweaty and wearing your swim suit right? I guess the Mother Nature did not get that memo - it was a beautiful day that never got over 80 degrees!!!! That is just unheard of this time of year. But I'm not complaining, it was a lovely day. I spent most of my afternoon teaching my Creativity Wall Hanging class. It was a small class today - I guess everyone was out of town. But it was a fun class and they all seemed to like their finished project. I had a new gal in class today from New Mexico - she was a delight. I hope she will come visit us again.

Gary will be golfing all day tomorrow, My daughter and her family are in Northern Cal this weekend, Mom is house sitting for them and Lizzy and Richard are busy so I guess I will have to find some creative endeavor to keep myself busy with tomorrow. Lord knows I could be doing some cleaning or something else important. . . .nah. . .that's not gonna happen! I need to get my travel journal made, we leave for our family vacation in less than 3 weeks. I am super excited to go. We will be taking the kids and the grand kids with us. We are not doing any theme parks this trip - just relaxing and going to the beach etc. I plan on doing some drawing and lots of photography. Gary and the guys will probably golf one day and the girls want to check out Fashion Island. But it just wouldn't be right for me not to have a travel journal to take with me - I make one for every trip we go on. I love looking back at them. Here is the one I made for our trip last year to Disneyland. I made the same style journal for another trip we took last year (just Gary & I) and I just love this style - it works so well for me. I do all of my nightly journaling in there and I also attach all of the memorabilia to the big pages each night. Then  when we get home and get my photos printed I can add them to the little flip book inside. This way I have scrapped my entire vacation withing a week of coming home. Nothing is lost or forgotten and it's all in one place. This also gives me something to do at night in the hotel room since I am a night owl and Gary is an early to bed kinda guy.

Well, I guess I have rambled on long enough. . . .
I hope you all have an AWESOME holiday weekend!!!
Till we meet again. . .

No comments: