Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's Like Christmas Again!

Well, not really Christmas, but close! CHA has finally arrived. This means lots of new papers and products to play with. This translates into A LOT more books being made in my studio! My friend Judie called me last night from the convention floor. She just had to tell me that the Graphic 45 papers I have been lusting after are even better in person than what I had seen online. I cannot wait to get my hands on these! Infact I am so excited to get them that I have several ideas already in mind of what I want to make with them. . . I see some FUN new classes in the very near future! So much so that last night I had an idea for a new binding method and had to give it a try. I really wanted to do it with the new Fashionista papers, but since I don't have them yet I decided to make a mock up to see if my idea would work. This is the result. . .
I actually think it turned out pretty cute. I used old Rusty Pickle papers and did a valentines theme. I added a Valetines poem and an area for a personal note. It is all made with bookboard, so it stands up really nicely all on it's own. And the new binding style I came up with allows it to fold up nice and flat. I think the idea is a keeper! Stay tuned to see when the Fashionista version comes to the class schedule. You can click on the picture to see the rest of it.
Well, it's only a few more days until the BIG Game - who do you think will win? In our house it is a "win-win" situation. Gary and his family are HUGE Steeler fans (they're from PA) and Gary also likes to root for the home team. So either way, Gary will be happy. And if Gary is happy, I am happy!

It is also only a few more days until I have a dentist appt! YUCK!!!! Friday I go and I am already dreading it! I am hoping it wont be as bad as I feel it will be. Tuesday Gary goes to have minor surgery. So we will be happy to accept any and all prayers.
I hope life is treating all of my friends well this week! Talk to you all soon.
BTW - did you notice the new "Quote of the Day" feature on the right? I love quotes - Enjoy!

No comments: