Monday, September 1, 2008


Don't adjust your screen - these are not "bad" photos - it is SMOKE!!!!!!
Remember awhile back I flodded my new house (TWICE)! Well, today I almost burned it down! I do not know what is wrong with me lately - I seem to be so careless anymore. I never used to do things like this!
Today we got a new freezer delivered - our other one died 3 days before Christmas. I was so excited to be able to cook in bulk again that I decided that I would make some homemade chicken pot pies to put up in the freezer. I got all of the chicken breasts cleaned and on the stove to cook, when I realized I was out of a few things. So I headed down the road to Safeway to pick up a few things I needed. No big deal, it was a BIG pot and there was a lot of chicken in it so it would take awhile to cook. I had plenty of time to run just down the street.
Apparently NOT!!!!! When I arrived home I was greeted by a wall of white smoke! Thankfully it was only smoke and not fire! Thankfully also, none of the chicken was burned. I was also glad that Gary had purchased some big industrial fans for his work-out room.
After removing the offending pot from the stove, I started all of the fans in the house, opened the arcadia door, lit some candles and brought in Gary's big fans to blow the smoke out. I was go glad that no one else was home to see the mess I had made! I figured I could get it all cleaned up and smelling pretty before everyone got home. Just then I heard a car pull up! Oh No - who could it be? Whew! It was only Liz! I thought she was never going to stop laughing at me. She grabbed my camera and started shooting. So here are the pictures of my mess. . .

On an up note - I got 7 family sized pot pies done, got the stove cleaned up and the smoke cleared out of the house. Mom and Gary neither one asked why the big fans were in the house. They never mentioned any smell and they really enjoyed the pot pie we had for dinner tonight!
So, what did you do on your Labor Day Monday???????

1 comment:

joybear said...

Oh my! That is a lot of smoke! Glad you made it home in time!!!