Monday, March 10, 2014

More Burlap, Lace and Pearls. . .

Well, seems like I will not be soon getting the burlap dust out of my house! Although these were not bad at all. These burlap covered canvas boards were a life saver. No trying to stretch and stabilize the burlap to make the covers of Lizzy's guest book or the table numbers. 

I do not have the best handwriting so I was surprised my numbers turned out so well. I hand wrote them on the boards and then with glossy accents and a toothpick glued each little pearl on. 

This is the cover of the guest book. It is not bound as of yet - I will be picking up the "special" paper for the pages on Saturday at The Occasional Artist  and then I can start putting photos in it and bind it. We are putting Lizzy & Richards engagement photos in it and people will write around the photos. 
The flower is one of the handmade flowers I made for the wedding bouquets - hopefully it wont be a bother when people are trying to write in the book?

I started working on it last night and was going to surprise Liz. But she popped over unexpectedly so she saw it all out. I cannot tell you how happy I was that she "caught" me - I had put the wrong date on the end paper! That could have been a real disaster!
It is hard to tell in the photo, but the end papers are a beautiful shimmery ivory paper. It really looks lovely!

We are less than 3 months away now and we are doing pretty good at marking things off the list. We are also doing pretty good at adding things to the list too!
Have a great week!
till we meet again. . . .

No comments: