Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's So Nice to be Missed!

I got a short, but sweet email the other day. . .

"Marta, I'm worried about you!...
no blog and no classes....
missing you and wondering if you're ok!!"

It made my day to know that someone out there missed me. I have been wanting to come and update the blog for quite some time now and this email was just what I needed to get me going. So here is a short update on what's been going on and a little Show & Tell about a couple of projects I have been working on. 

I found myself taking an unexpected sabbatical from just about everything outside of my own home and family. Nothing at all wrong, I think I just needed to recharge. Then as my sabbatical got longer and it got harder to get back out there. I do have some more posts ready for my blog so keep an eye out for those. I figured it would be better to spread out my update than to make one really long post. I am trying to come up with some class stuff too. Sadly most of my latest ideas for classes have been flops. But I will keep trying. 

And here are my latest projects. . . 

I am working on a collection of Assemblage boxes that will all be based on Bible verses that I memorized as a kid and that have become meaningful to me over the years. My hope is to enter some art shows this coming Fall and sell some of my art work. So I am trying to get several pieces done for that. I am really enjoying the process and loving how God is bringing His word to life not only in my art but in my heart! These are the first three boxes in the series. 



Living Waters 
This is the last one I did. I just finished it last week. It is based on John 7:37-38
Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’


Here you can see some of the details on the piece. I have to admit that my Mother was a huge help in stringing all of those seed beads!


 Salt & Light 
This box is based on Matthew 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.



And of course you can see all of the details here. I really love how the finish on the outside of the box turned out and I love the little light bulbs hanging from the beaded copper wires. 


The Light for my Path 
I have already shared this one with you - this was the very first one in the collection. But I thought it was worth showing it to you again. It is based on Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.



I hope you enjoyed seeing a little bit of what I have been up to since we last got together. I will post again soon with some of the exciting news that happened during our Christmas holiday.

Till we meet again. . . 

No comments: