Monday, November 11, 2013

What a GREAT Weekend!!!!

My weekend started off on Thursday this past week with a slumber party with my friend Deborah. She took me out for a BEAUTIFUL dinner at the Capitol Grille in the Biltmore, complete with a decadent dessert! We were the last ones out then back to her house for more gabbing and fellowship. he plan was to leave earlier in the day but we ended up having fun until around 5pm. Thanks Deborah for 24 hours of girl fun!




Saturday was a busy day starting at 4:30am!!!! Bryanna and I had a garage sale at her house. We each made a little money, had a little excitement and just enjoyed hanging out. Lizzy even brought some stuff over and hung out for the day. That evening we had a memorial celebration for a friend of the family's that lost her mother this past week. It was such a nice evening - not morbid or sad just a good celebration of life!


And this is what I did on Sunday. . . 
 There is no real significance to this piece - just the joy of creating something. I am calling it my Vintage Dental Curio Assemblage (not a super clever name but oh well). 
 I got the box from Bryanna for my birthday last week - one of my Goodwill treasures. I took the front doors off and took the glass out of the side doors and replaced them with rusty metal screens. I off course gutted out all of the jewelry box elements and painted and distressed it. I love how the finish turned out!
 Then I started filling it up with all kinds of dental goodies that my bug man Ron got for me a couple of months ago. So all of the pieces here are authentic except for the medicine bottles. I even made some toothpaste that will never smoosh - gotta love moulding paste!

 That funny tool on the right is what they measure your teeth with for false teeth - and then of course there are various dreaded drill bits there at the bottom. 
 More drill bits and a tooth shade guide on this side. And can you read the vintage label at the top? "Cocaine Toothache Drops" - can you imagine?
 Just some detail pix for you so you can see all the interesting items packed into this one. 

When you open the drawers you get to see more teeth molds, some temporary caps and copies of vintage dental catalog pages. 


 There's a close-up of my toothpaste. It's one of my favorite parts!

This is what the box looked like when I got it - quite a transformation!

Well I better get moving - I hope you all had a FANTASTIC weekend also and are enjoying Veterans Day!

till we meet again. . . 

No comments: