Thursday, September 26, 2013

YIPPEE!!!

Super excited tonight - my brand new - just for me laptop is finally here!!!! Hopefully this is the end of all of my computer problems! I am of course trying to get used to Windows 8 but so far it's not too bad. Anyhoo I wanted to break my new baby in with a post on my blog. . .

Since I've been home from vacation and with limited access on a computer I have been doing some much needed cleaning and also some doodling. I have not doodled in almost a year and I have been up late each night with my Microns and Prismacolor pens in my hands. I thought I'd share some of them with you tonight.

 I started out doodling houses - little villages. . .
 Then a little bit of collage. . . 
 Then I got hooked on snowmen!
 After I got several done I decided it was time to bring them to life with a little bit of color. . . 
This is the one I colored tonight . I experimented with some more folk-arty colors. I have never made brown snow before. I have also never used my charcoal pencils on my doodles - it was fun and it really added that folk-arty texture I was looking for. I also added some white glaze pens for the snow - super FUN! But sadly my blender pen died before I could finish it. Might have to run to Mike's tomorrow.
This little guy just makes me smile! He just looks happy! He got lighter colors but he did get a touch of silver Uniball glitter pen on each snowflake! If you don't own any of these you gotta get some!!!! They are the BEST glitter pens on the market. If you are local, Kathie carries them in several colors at The Occasional Artist. 
Here's a better look at my happy little guy. 
and the first one

I'm not sure which I enjoyed more - 
Drawing them 
or 
coloring them!
I am pretty sure it is a tie. 
If you like to color I have a present for you. . .
I have added all of these doodles  for you to color on my "Doodles" tab at the top. 
All ya gotta do is right click on the one you want and save it, print it out and grab your markers, colored pencils or the kids' crayons and start coloring!
I'd love to know if you decided to save and print any of my Doodles - leave me a comment!

Till we meet again. . . 

No comments: