Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm Back. . .

I am home after 9 glorious days on Coronado Island with my wonderful husband! This trip was a first in several ways for us. . .
The first time in a long time that we vacationed without the kids and grandkids
The first time Gary ever (in 30 years) planned a vacation all by himself (I did nothing but pack!)
and the first time in 20 years that we had this long of a vacation!
Here are the highlights of what we did

We went to Sea Port Village and did some shopping - I am now in love with masquerade masks!
 We went to Ralphs to pick up some essentials like Bud Light Lime for the hotel room 
(Gary's essentials not mine)
 Ralph's had underground parking - what a novelty to take your cart down a moving sidewalk. Magnets kept it from rolling away from you and killing those below!
 We went to LaJolla where Gary had a monster sized burrito!
 I walked the beach and collected shells one morning while Gary worked out at the gym
 Here are my shells I collected that day
 Gary surprised me at the beach that morning as I was starting back to the hotel. 
 He usually gets in the water and I don't - He thought it was too cold this morning so I ran in all the way up to my waist to prove to him it wasn't! Wet jeans and no towel is not a good thing in case you are wondering!
 I took pictures of pretty flowers

 We went golfing
 Well, Gary golfed, I rode in the cart and took pictures!
 Like this one of the sail boats coming back that evening to dock
 We went to the beach again - this time in the afternoon, Gary got wet but I stayed dried,
 I walked the beach and collected more shells and saw this lady painting the Del on the beach. How I would love to be able to paint so I could do this!
 Gary made his sand sculptures as I walked. This one is a lady sunbathing in the nude. He said it was me but my butt doesn't look anything like that one!
 This one was a "Mer-Couple". There ended up being a "Mer-baby" between them when he was done.
 This one is super cool - it is Jesus hanging on the cross.

 And of course ya gotta have a giant hand reaching out from the ocean!
 This is us relaxing at the pool doing absolutely nothing and loving every minute of it!

 A "selfy" at dinner on the patio of the hotel one night
 We did a little bit of antiqueing at Ocean Beach - got some great stuff here!
 I wanted a hot dog for lunch - thank you GPS for finding me a smash burger!
 No trip to San Diego is complete for me without a trip to the old Winchell's Donut shop on Rosecranz!
 And of course I must walk across the street ALONE with my donut to the Loma Mannor  
(long stupid story)
 There was more shopping in the little shops on Coronado and pressed penny making
 And of course I already told you about my haul at Kobey's!!!!! Look at all of the Tim Holtz stuff!
 We ended up staying an extra day (Gary's 49th B-day and the first game day of the season - no way we could be driving on this day) We ended up in the lounge with our backgammon board eating and watching the game
 Okay, he watched the game - my back was to it
 I made friends with a spider while I was away. Each day they tore down his web and each day he built it back in the same spot. That's determination!
 One last look from our balcony before we headed home
 After 30 years we still hold hands when we drive!
 Back in AZ in time for the daily monsoon storm
 60 MPH winds and lots of rain and a beautiful rainbow to end our trip!
What a great vacation - I couldn't ask for anything better!

No comments: