Tuesday, August 14, 2012

M&M's & Pumpkins. . .

M&M's & Pumpkins????
That's right - I'm talking about M&M's & Pumpkins,
 and even rat traps tonight.

So let's start with the M&M's -
Starting in September I will be starting a new series of classes called "M&M Fridays w/Marta" at The Occasional Artist. The classes will be held on the 3rd Friday of every month at Noon. And yes, I will be bringing M&M's to class for everyone. But the class is not about the colorful little candies, it's all about Mixed Media. We will work on an Art Journal, do some Canvas Art, some Assemblage, Fabric Art, Collage and so on.

Our First Project/Class is called "Build a Better Mouse Trap"
It is a super cute and fun memo holder made from a rat trap!
The class is from noon - 3pm on Friday, Sept 21st. The cost is $35.
 You will learn some new painting and distressing techniques in this class. We will use interesting supplies like vinegar, salt and Ivory soap.

  I hope you will join us for this class or some of the next M&M Friday classes!


So, let's talk about Pumpkins now -
I am addicted to pumpkins right now!!!! In the past 2 days I have made 15 of these super cute and happy little pumpkins. They seriously are so much fun to make! We will be doing a studio day at the store in early October (date tba) where you will be able to make as many of these little cuties as you want. The cost will be $18 for the 1st pumpkin and only $5 for each one you make after that.

 Look at all of the sweet fabric they are made in. Perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving  - heck just for Fall! Line your dinning table with them, fill a basket with them, put them everywhere!. My daughters have each requested pumpkins for their homes. I have Bryanna's done and 2 of Lizzy's done (they wanted 5 each).

I also wanted to let you know that this canvas is now a class, I had several people ask if I would teach so I am. The canvas is not in the store as a sample (sorry about that but this piece means alot to me and was not made as a sample but as a piece of art for me). I think there are still 2, maybe 3 spaces available for this class. It will be held on Sept 22nd from 10am - 5pm. You can call the store to sign up

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the up-coming classes I will be teaching. I also hope I will see you in one or all of them! Have a great week and try to fit something creative into your life.
Till we meet again. . .

No comments: