Thursday, February 23, 2012

My March Class is Ready!

That's right - here it is Friends. I am super excited about how this turned out. It is a very "simple" book and when I say simple I mean not alot of embellishment. But it has a lot of "wow" when you hold it in your hands!
So lets take a look at it, shall we. . .

 I love this G45 paper, it is a couple years old now but still as beautiful as ever! See the nice simple cover. You would never believe what is going on inside!
 Would ya just look at that! It's a pop-up book! I am calling this my "Photo Gallery Pop-Up Book". I think this book is such a great way to display some of your favorite photos. Whether that be your favorite people, vacation shots or just some of your favorite scenery shots.
 I chose to fill my sample with some of my favorite nature photography. Some great ranunculus . . .
 some fun lake and beach pictures. . .
my beloved calla lilies and some Argentinian giant blooms.

I had so much fun figuring out all of the "engineering" of this book and I hope you will too if you sign up for the class. I need to get some more supplies this weekend - I think I need to make a couple more of these! Maybe I will get one done as a wedding gift for a dear friend (you know who I talking about Cindy).
Anyhoo - class will be on Saturday afternoon on March 24th at The Occasional Artist in Glendale if you want to join me. I will also be adding this to my online directions with a complete photo tutorial on how to make this if anyone is interested. Those will go up for sale in late march.
I hope you all have great plans for this beautiful weekend we have coming up. (can you believe it is 80 degrees already?) I will be taking a class, starting a quilt for a baby shower and watching the Oscars this weekend.
Till we meet again. . .

1 comment:

Barb Thompson said...

Really love your new book Marta! Very clever.