Saturday, April 14, 2012

Is There Anybody Out There?????

I know, I know, I did another disappearing act but honestly I have some good excuses! That's right I have more than one excuse, are you ready for them all? Well, here we go. . .
It has been another trying month around hear - I hate sounding like I am complaining but really I am just explaining what's been going on. As luck would have it I am still not feeling well, some days better than others. I have seen a new Dr and now have some new referals to 3 more Drs and some more tests. If all of the regular health problems aren't enough in the past 2 weeks I have had the stomach flu - if you know me, there isn't anything I hate worse than throwing up!!!! I have also had a UTI, ear infection, sinus infection and some issues with my teeth. These last few afflictions are still with me - gotta love life!!!
Oh and I didn't mention that my desktop crashed!!! I finally got a laptop so I didn't have to be in the studio and I had it linked to my desktop. One night I was getting ready to back up some files (something I have not done in months because I just can't be in my studio too long) when I realized that my linkeddrives gone! I went to the desk top and sure enough the drives were totally gone!!!! I called my son in law and he took the drive home and couldn't retrieve anything. I was just so sad, it had only been 18 months since my last computer crashed and lost everything! But frankly I just have too much other stuff going on to really spend too much energy on it. I would just have to figure out how to recreate as much as I could. I got my drive back and had EZ AZ Techz come pick it up and give it a try. This guy is my hero! He salvaged EVERYTHING!!!!! I was so happy! He even found out that my drive was still under warrenty and contacted the company and sent it back for me and a new, FREE, replacement drive is on it's way! Once it gets here he will install this drive as a back-up drive for me.

But I have taken some time to create some new class project samples. I will share them with you below. Just click on the photo to see more detailed photos of the project.

Art Quotes Wall Hanging
This will be taught at The Occasional Artist on Sat, May 26th

This is using the new G-45 Kraft Collection. I love it - even though I didn't think I would like it when they 1st previewed it. The wall hanging is an impressive 14x14 and hastons of pearls on it, a couple fun, handmade flowers and of course several fun quotes about art and creativity. and it all hangs from a pretty silver chain.

This will be taught at The Occasional Artist on Sat, April 21st
 You know I love these book boxes! I have done them before but this time I altered it in a new and improved way. I love how it turned out! I used a line of paper by Fabscraps for this project. Lots of lace and buttons, as well as a couple of tiny spools of thread and a tiny pair of scissors all snuggled inside a cool resin frame.
 This is the book that goes inside the box . It has a simple stitched binding.

This will be taught at The Occasional Artist on Sat, June 9th

This is a SUPER FUN project and I hope you will take a look at the detailed images on this one! I just finished it yesterday morning. I have been wanting to make another one with another paper collection all day today but I still haven't totally cleaned up my mess from this one yet.

So that's what I have been up to lately - I hope all is well with you and that you have been busy creating art of your own!
Till we meet again. . .

1 comment:

Barb Thompson said...

Hey there, good to see ya back. Love the new projects. I live In Prescott, but hope to get to one of your classes soon! They are wonderful. Keep creating! Hope you are feeling better soon!!