Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just a Quickie. . .

So I taught my Santa's Workshop Curio class today and everything went great! I think everyone had a great time and was happy with their creation. No two were the same and it was really fun to see what everyone came up with.
At one point during the day we got to talking about how I come up with stuff and I was asked if I ever dream a project. The answer to that is a hearty YES! But I told them I also dream recipes and I share how I dreamt the recipe to Girl Scout Cookies years ago (the Thin Mints - my FAV!!!). They taste just like them and they asked if I would give them the recipe. I promised I would post it on my blog tonight so here it is girls - ENJOY!!!!

Marta's "Girl Scout" Cookies
Cookie
1 Stick Butter -
1/4 C Shortening
1 C Sugar -
2 Eggs
1 tsp Peppermint Extract -
2 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder -
1 tsp Salt
Coating
1 Pkg. Chocolate Candy Quick
1 tsp Peppermint Extract

Cream sugar, butter & shortening. Add eggs and peppermint extract. Blend in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & salt. Roll the dough out on lightly floured tea towel or counter top to about 1/8" thickness. Cut out with 2" round cookie cutters. Place on un-greased cookie sheets & bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 6 - 8 min or until light brown.
Melt the chocolate and mix in the peppermint extract. When cookies are cooled, dip them in the melted chocolate and let set up on a wire rack.
Makes approx 4 doz cookies These taste just like Thin Mints

From the heart & kitchen of Marta Gladden

I will check in again soon
Toodles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did enjoy the class Marta! And, I'm going to try this recipe you crazy gal!

Here's my *new* and *improved* blog address:

www.summerwalkdesigns.com

Regards,
Susie Lessard~
susie.lessard@gmail.com
susie_lessard@yahoo.com

Look forward to your next class.