Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am So Very THANKFUL. . . .

***WARNING: VERY LONG POST - PICTURE HEAVY!***
I have been thinking all week about how blessed and thankful I am for my life and the people in it. And so tonight I decided to share with you all some snipets from my life and the people that make me so thankful!!
Oct 29th - Family dinner night for our 26th wedding anniversary - My youngest Daughter (Lizzy) & my oldest Granddaughter (Monkey).

I am so thankful for these two girls of course, and for the rest of my family, and for my dear, sweet husband that still loves me after all of these years! But I am also so thankful for all of the laughter that fills my home when we are all together!!!! I am blessed


Oct 30th - Trick-or-Treating On Halloween Night with My oldest Daughter (Bryanna) & Granddaughters (Monkey & Bug)

I don't celebrate Halloween and never took my own girls trick-or-treating. But now I'm an Amma (Grandma) and I am not about to miss out on any part of my granddaughters' lives. So, since they go trick-or-treating, I do too! I am so thankful to get to share all of these moments with my girls! I am so thankful that they live right down the street so I can be there so easily!
I am blessed!
Nov 5 - My 47th Birthday

This was not an "exciting" birthday, but it was a full day. I took Bug to the Dr for shots, played with her and Monkey. I got a new sidewalk poured, and since it was my birthday Gary let me put the girls' footprints in the fresh cement (something he really hates!). I taught Lizzy how to bake pies and cooked dinner for my whole family that evening. I am so thankful for healthy grandbabies, a beautiful home, a Husband that is willing to "give in a little", time with family and food on my table! I am blessed!


Nov 6th - My friends, Judie and Ann on our way up North




Judie and I share the same birthday and Ann's is 12 days later. So the three of us headed up north to Prescott and Jerome for the day. Fall is my favorite season and I adore all of the colors of Fall - sadly we don't get any color in the valley, but a short drive got me some color and crisp air. It also got me a meal at the Palace Saloon on Whiskey Row (my 1st time). I am so thankful for GOOD friends and time out with the girls as well as a husband that totally gets I need some girl-time. I am so thankful that God sent beautiful colors to fill my world and excite my spirit! I am blessed!






Nov 9th - Monkey & Bug
Just a tuesday afternoon with my little girls. I am so thankful that I get to have such a BIG role in their lives. I am blessed!



Nov 10th - Monkey Paints
I started Monkey painting at an early age and she loves it! Usually she "dabs" her paint on today was the 1st time she actually made "strokes" while she pained. I try not to "teach" her how to be creative, I just let her do what she wants to do. So I was so excited to see she discovered strokes on her own and advanced into the stage of development. I am so thankful that she likes to do the things I like. And that I get a front row seat to her ever-changing development and abilities!
I am blessed!

Nov 11th - Waffles with Monkey
Just another morning together making waffles for breakfast. She loves to cook with me and loves my heart-shaped waffle iron. I was never paitient enough when my girls were little to let them help me cook - I wish I had been. I am so thankful for our mornings together and that smile and the way she calls me "Amma". I am also thankful that I have learned paitience and found the joy in slowing down and helping little hands learn and have fun! I am blessed!
Nov 20th - My Sister Terrie's Handmade purse

After many years of being astranged, my big sister and I have found our way back to each other! We spent 4 hours on the phone together this night and 2 more hours on the phone the next day! And 2 days later I got an email with some photos of the vintage style, handmade purses she is making. I now have a way to contact her and she is coming for a visit!!! I am so thankful for a relationship being healed, technology that helps us connect, planes that bring our loved ones home and for a heart that no longer hurts! I am thankful for my Sister! I am blessed!


Nov 23 - My Little girls with Santa



Monkey was sooo excited to go see Santa this day and was all prepared to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. But once she was face to face with the bearded man she changed her mind. After some tears, walking away, the bribe of some candy, and standing in line once again, she was ready to at least talk to him and get her picture taken with Santa and her sister.
This is my Monkey and my Bug in the same dress on their first visits to see santa - 3 years apart. Bryanna is not tanner now, I just learned how to use my camera. I am so thankful for the magic this time of year, both through the make-believe parts and the real reason for the season - Christ's birth! I am thankful for the way my Little girls make me feel such intense joy just by looking at them! I am thankful that Bryanna lets me be here for all of these "moments". And i am thankful for the knowledge I continue to gain about my camera. I am also very thankful for my favorite toy. . . my camera! I am blessed!




Nov 25th - Thanksgiving Day - Lizzy & Richard
Everyone was sick this year and so we had to postpone Thanksgiving until Saturday. But later that night, Lizzy & Richard stopped by to pick up her new laptop. This is her Christmas present and birthday present from us, her sister and her 2 Grandmothers. Hers died this past week adn finals start on Monday and she really needed a new laptop NOW! I am thankful that in these hard times we had the money to do this for her! I am thankful that she is so diligent about her schooling! I am thankful that they came over! I am thankful that although Bryanna, Gary & Monkey were all sick, that it was only a temporary bug and that my family all has their health!
I am blessed!



Nov 27th - Our "Thanksgiving Day"
The day started off with my two favorite guys (hubby & SIL) going off to golf together
Then we had dinner together as a family - Monkey of course had to oad her fingers up with black olives.

Four generations of my family all at the table together!!!

A quick visit with the neighbors. Monkey just loves playing with their son Charlie.

After pie Monkey decorated the window in "her own way" with a varity of window clings with a little help from her "Yo" - that would be her Aunt Lizzy.

Now it was time to decorate the tree - and the first thing to go on the tree each year is my Mom's 50 year old angel. I take a picture of her doing this every year.

Now it's everyones turn to add some decorations to the tree (wow, I am actually in the picture)

Bryanna made a little boo-boo and broke Mom's whole box of glass Dwarfs (Snow White). I think we were able to salvage one. It's funny though because I didn't think Lizzy new how to use a broom, let alone know where to find it!!!!

Bug has passed out on Mom's lap but we managed to get a (smiling) picture of her holding the one salvaged dwarf. I am so thankful for more than enough food - not just for the holidays but everyday! I am thankful that everyone was feeling better (even if Gary did get a bad case of allergies at the golf course that knocked him out) I am thankful for traditions and memories of days and holidays gone by. I am thankful for a house big enough to put up a big Christmas tree and a table big enough for everyone to sit together (for now anyways)! I am thankful for neighbors and good friends! I am thankful that my Hubby & my SIL get along so well! I am thankful for a husband that is so kind and so generous that HE insisted my Mother come live with us! I am thankful for my Mom and for her health and for how young she is at 75! I am thankful that we were all together and that we spent most of the day lughing and having fun! I am thankful for a country that has a national holiday set aside just being thankful! I am thankful for all of these things and soooooo much more!!!
I really am blessed!
New Class Sample


(you can click on the picture for a more detailed view)

What does this have to do with being thankful??? It reminds me how thankful I am that God intrusted with some amount of creativity. And it reminds me of how thankful I am to the gals at the Creative Quest for seeing something in me and allowing me to share my passion for creating with their customers and friends. I am thankful for all of the beautiful women I have met and friends I have made while teaching there. I am thankful for the peace I feel when I sit at my desk with paper, ink and glue at the ready!

WOW!!! Did you make it all the way to end of this post??? Thanks for sharing my Thanksgiving with me. I hope you are reminded at this time, and the whole year through, of all you are thankful for!

Toodles and God Bless you all!!!

No comments: