Monday, October 12, 2009

Just a Quick Share. . .

Just wanted to pop in and share a couple of the things I have been making in between nursing sick people and being sick myself.

This first one is a Christmas Card holder I made with my fav G45 papers and my new fav toy - my Cricut. My daughter does a more "cartoonish" christmas at her house and so I made this for her to hold all of the Christmas Cards she will get this year. I used chipboard as the base for all of the pieces, added painted, wooden clothes pins to the backs of the trees and attached all of the chipboard pieces with ribbon, I even added some stickles to this project (my 1st time using stickles). The candies, Merry Christmas and kitty are also on chipboard and raised up with pop dots.

You can click on the picture for more close up images.

This next one is a diaper wreath I made for my dear friend's daughter's baby shower (which I could NOT attend Sat because I was sick). I had seen diaper cakes before but never a wreath. I was playing online one night and saw some and thought "I want to make that!" and so I did!!! I made mine quite a bit bigger and love the double teired look of mine. It was super fun and easy to make - only took me about an hour and a half.


You can click on the picture for more close up images.

So what are all of you up to on this last day of a 3-day weekend??? I am home alone today. Gary managed to go to work today - he was feeling pretty bad last night. Liz is at work. Mom went for a masage this morning and then out to "tea" with some gal pals. Monkey is with her Mom and Dad and her Nana from Nor Cal. I have managed to do a few things around the house, including making yet another pot of soup. This is teh 3rd pot in a week. I am hoping that eventually this "jewish penicillin" is gonna do the trick! Have a great day!

No comments: