Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moving On. . .

So it has been a little over a week since I lost Sugar. I am happy to say I am feeling great and so happy for her that she is finally at peace and no longer in pain. Part of my healing was allowing myself to do what I like to do best. . .
CREATE!!!
The day I lost her I dug into my photo files and boxes of pre-digital photos and I gathered up every image I could of her. I was even a little surprised a myself how happy this all made me. Once I got the photos gathered up and the memories and stories started to flow, I started creating. I decided upon a simple book with no real binding. I ended up using a Basic Grey Bracket book (actually 3 of them made into 1) that will just be held together by a black ring. And because it is a single ring book I made a matching box to hold it all. I have a long way to go before I am finished but I wanted to share what I have done so far. I am just about done with the "Puppy Years". If you click on the pictures you can read the journaling on the pages.


















I hope you enjoyed looking at my little "book in a box" and I hope that you all had a great weekend! Take some time out this week to indulge yourself in some srt of some sort. Create something - even if it is only in your imagination. It will just make you feel good!

Have a GREAT WEEK

M

3 comments:

Penny said...

This is absolutely beautiful! It has Marta written all over it! So fun! Love the shape... and the tags! Very creative... as always!!

What a wonderful way to have Sugar's story all "together"! :)

She was a sweetheart!

Lisa Russell said...

OH my, this is GORGEOUS!!! Share this on the 2peas gallery - I'm sure it will touch others who have/are going through the same thing. My best friend is about to go through this with her sick pet. This is really touching and wonderfully done.

God Bless, Lisa R.

Michele K said...

Hi Marta: I have had you in my thoughts and prayers as a owner of two dogs who are my "children" I can't even imagine what you have been through. However, as you said at least beautiful Sugar is no longer suffering and just think of the many fabulous years she has with someone as special as you! Your memory book is absolutely beautiful and I know Graphic 45 doesn't have a "puppy line" (darn) so what manufacturer has this paper? Thanks and take care and I know you are cherishing your sweet memories!

Michele King