Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Drawing Closer. . .

Well, in my last post I shared with you all HOW I take my sermon notes and study my Bible so that I can then create my sermon cards. Today I am gonna share some FUN news about that. . . 
All of my copious notes are going to turn into a small group at my church! It is all still in the planning stages at this point, but we will meet weekly and go over the notes Pastor Ray provides in the bulletin, study the scripture references and then create some art and do some journaling!

I have always believed that each one of us is CREATIVE in some way because our Father is CREATIVE and we are made in HIS image! 
“God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27). 
If you had any doubt that God is creative or that He passed on the creative ability to us, I’d ask you to notice that the word “create” appears three times in this single verse!

Here is another verse that I just shared with you the other day - 
“For we are His masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10). 
When we think of this verse, we usually think about “good works” as spiritual disciplines and the ways in which we serve others, and that’s true. Remember though: creativity can be a spiritual discipline, a way to honor God and worship Him and it can also be a way to serve others - sharing your creativity and art can serve to inspire and encourage others!

One more scripture for you. . .
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving (Colossians 3:23-24). 
So "whatever you do" means everything you do , including your creativity/art. You should do it with ALL of your heart! Let’s always remember who has given us our creativity and who we use it to worship!

So here is my art for today - this will be the "logo" if you will, for the small group. I made this one a little bigger than usual so that it would fit on the front cover of my binder. I am so excited to get started with this group and I pray that God will use me and be glorified through this group and that  it will be a blessing to the ladies at my church. 


let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies 
washed with pure water. 
(Hebrews 10:22)

No comments: